Congrats! You have just arrived at your new home, but before you begin to unpack and organize your belongings, it’s important to take the time to clean.
Now, we aren’t saying you have to have everything sparkling from floor to ceiling, we are only suggesting a few important spots you should clean when moving into a new home.
Although you will be excited to finally be in your new home, you’ll want to take the time to clean before your boxes are unpacked and furniture is put in its place.
Once rooms are filled with boxes and furniture, cleaning will be much more difficult and less efficient. After all, your new house will begin to feel like home as you roll up your sleeves and give it a thorough cleaning yourself.
Here are a few important cleaning tasks you will want to tackle during your move:
Areas furniture will cover
Instead of struggling while you try to clean around your large sectional couch, take advantage of the days you have without furniture in place by cleaning the spaces in your home that will soon be covered up.
- Try to focus on baseboards and forced air vents and create a dust-free, dirt-free, spider-free environment.
We often don’t think about cleaning walls, which is why they get surprisingly dirty.
Before settling in, give the walls a wipe down to help get rid of cobwebs, dust and fingerprints that may have been left behind by the previous family.
- While you are at it, we suggest cleaning the ceiling with a duster and any light switches since they are a major fingerprint trap.
Switch plates and outlet covers
If you are moving into an older home, you will especially want to do this cleaning task
. Many years of use have probably added a difficult to notice layer of dirt to the switch plates and outlet covers.
- Scrub the grime away for a fresh and clean feeling.
Inside of cabinets
One area that tends to get overlooked the most is the kitchen cabinetry.
Before unpacking your kitchenware, take some time to clean out the kitchen cupboards. This task is much easier to complete when your shelves and drawers are empty.
- By cleaning the cabinets, this will ensure that your dishes don’t end up with crumbs or dust on them.
The kitchen is one of the most used living areas in a family’s home.
- If your new home came furnished with kitchen appliances already installed, you should do some deep cleaning before running to the grocery store to fill your refrigerator.
You never know how often the previous home owner cleaned out the kitchen appliances.
When settling into a new home, you’ll want the bathroom to be squeaky clean.
- We recommend cleaning the toilet, sink and tub or shower so you don’t feel like you are bathing in a stranger’s house.
Now that you are all ready to move into your new home, all there is left to do is schedule your move with Dowell’s Moving & Storage. We serve the city of Victoria and the surrounding neighborhoods and we provide the most trusted service and consideration in the area.
Call us today at 250-361-9866 or contact us online for a free quote!